FPE Applications Certificate
The educational objective of the Fire Protection Engineering Applications graduate certificate program is to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to solve fire protection engineering problems and develop fire safety design solutions in a variety of professional settings. Upon completing the requirements for the graduate certificate, students should be able to:
- Identify relevant fire safety codes, standards, and regulations; comprehend the fire safety performance objectives and criteria associated with these documents; and apply these fire safety objectives and criteria to a broad range of applications.
- Understand how people interact with fire conditions in buildings and calculate evacuation times through the application of fundamental principles of people movement and the use of state-of-the-art computer-based evacuation models.
- Design fire detecion and alarm systems, fire suppression systems, structural fire protection systems, and egress systems to achieve specified performance objectives.
- FPE S521 Egress Analysis and Design
- FPE S522 Fire Detection, Alarm and Communication Systems
- FPE S523 Water-based Fire Suppression Systems
- FPE S524 Structural Fire Protection